|Also known as:||Aylsham / RAF Saxthorpe / RFC Saxthorpe / Saxthorpe Landing Ground|
|Date:||October 1916 - 1919 (notification of relinquishment 13 March)|
|Used By:||RAF / RFC|
|Landing Surface Types:||Unpaved|
Various fighter types of No 51 Squadron initially had Saxthorpe available to them as a Home Defence landing ground during World War One. The unit eventually switched to using Avro 504Ks and Sopwith Camels from early 1918, both of these types remaining in service after the end of fighting.
The following organisations are either based at, use and/or have at least potentially significant connections with the airfield (as at 30/06/2020):
- Corpusty & Saxthorpe Parish Council
- St. Andrew Church, Saxthorpe with Corpusty - location of ABCT memorial plaque
Main unit(s) present:
- No 51 Sqn
Photographs of the plaque at Saxthorpe, 2019. Courtesy of Richard Flagg. The last image with the latest stand for the plaque is courtesy of Imogen Waterson, 2020.