Airfield Marker Programme
The charity has been erecting airfield markers across Britain since 2009. Some places commemorated by ABCT include:
Scotland’s first airfield, Lanark
- Leavesden, now home to the Warner Bros. Studios, where parts of the Harry Potter films were shot
We work all year round planning the marker programme and enjoy meeting a wide range of interesting people of all ages at our events. You can see more of our memorials in this section.
- memorials made of top quality granite
- weight: approximately 1.4 tons
- negligible foundations required
- generally do not require planning permission owing to their size
- only a tiny piece of redundant/unused ground at the airfield itself needed: no obstruction caused
- already received highly favourable feedback from the general public
- plan to erect 400 memorials by 2030
ABCT pays for the memorial and associated costs, though donations from other sources are always welcome.
Help and support
If you can help us with the planning and placement of a marker at your local airfield please contact us.