|Also known as:||Bishopton Landing Ground / RAF Bishopton / RFC Bishopton|
|Date:||October 1916 - August 1919 (relinquished)|
|Used By:||RAF / RFC|
|Landing Surface Types:||Unpaved|
Various fighter types of No 36 Squadron had Bishopton available to them as a Home Defence landing ground during World War One, these aircraft being replaced by Bristol F2bs in 1918 which remained in service after the end of fighting.
The following organisations are either based at, use and/or have at least potentially significant connections with the airfield (as at 01/09/2011):
- Bishopton Parish Council
The following alternative information/mass media sources have at least potentially significant connections with the airfield (as at 30/11/2018):
- Bishopton Village
Main unit(s) present:
- No 36 Sqn
Photographs of the plaque at Bishopton, 13 September 2020.
Plan of Bishopton. Courtesy of Ed Andrews
Plan of Bishopton, showing the later extension. Courtesy of Ed Andrews